Monday, September 16, 2013

Letting It All Hang Out

One of the reasons why it took me so long to start this blog, was because I really struggled with just how much I wanted to share, and how honest I would be. Putting my life out there, exposing myself, setting myself up for criticism, doesn’t come easy. Especially not for me. I don’t have thick skin. I care what other people think of me. I want to see others happy before myself.  I get my feelings hurt when somebody doesn’t particularly like me. It’s a horrible flaw, I am very well aware of this, but its how I feel nonetheless.

I wasn’t comfortable starting a journal to document all the important things in my life without full disclosure. It just didn’t make sense to have my journal about my life, but not to be including the most fascinating parts of my life, private or not. But on the other hand, I did not want my personal life out there on the internet for all to see. I REALLY struggled with that one. I wanted a live journal that anybody could read without me blushing on the sidelines, or waking up with regret the next morning.

I believe that I am a pretty honest person. It can be a blessing and a curse. I word vomit at times. I ask questions not knowing they are personal. I share information, not knowing it should be private. You ask me a question, I usually don’t sugar coat it. Its not so much me always TRYING to open and honest, its more of me being naïve and sheltered and not knowing any better. Some people appreciate it, most people don’t. I'm hoping through this outlet, I can be exactly who I am. 

In the end, well, as of today, I want to document everything that is of great importance, so while doing so, I’m going to TRY to be straight forward, personal at times. I am positive I will still struggle at times, have some publish regrets, but I also know I will be happy to have my life, thoughts & feelings, written down.

Anybody out there have words of wisdom at to how far is TOO far to share on a life blog??

And just for kicks, here are some quite *honest* photos I found on my Iphone.  That I took of myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment