In March 2012, Tyler and I spent a weekend at the Horseshoe Bay Resort to celebrate one year of marriage. Our original plan of spending the week in Vegas fell flat on its face when I started a new job that previous October. I had yet to accumulate vacation days, and even if I had, our wedding anniversary fell during the month end close. (Accounting) So we looked for a little weekend retreat in Texas, and fell upon this resort.
All I really wanted to do was spend some QT with my husband and get a massage. Since this was a golf resort after all, Tyler played a round of golf and forgo the couples massage. It ended being a really nice weekend for us, and we had a lot of fun. Not a whole lot to do, but it was nice to get away. The food was the only thing I can complain about. I would rather have spent my time finding hole in the wall restaurants than eating at the resort. Tyler and I are both Foodies at heart, and finding delicious food is a favorite past time of ours. So unfortunately, the food was nothing much to write about. My favorite thing we did that whole weekend… that the resort offered, was the miniature golf. Guys, I would go back JUST for this. It was actually a full 18 course sized down. It was AWESOME. It was cold, but AWESOME.
The reason this trip still stands out so vividly in my mind is because this was the weekend Tyler told me some news that would change the course of our life a bit. See, that weekend, while laying in bed, he told me he was being offered a future position as manager with his company. In San Marcos. (we were currently living in Fort Worth). While no decisions were made that weekend, it was the start of a very confusing time in our life. I had just started a new dream job, I loved Fort Worth, we had just bought a house 2 years prior, and I never wanted to move. But the move would come with its own sets of perks. The months (year) that followed was a really trying time for us. Stay tuned! More to come on the move….
No comments:
Post a Comment